Our drug experts regularly advise on all manner of drug-related issues concerning drugs controlled under The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (such as cannabis, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy etc) and novel psychoactive substances covered by The Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (such as nitrous oxide and ‘Spice’).
- Examine drug exhibits and check findings and opinions of other experts
- Facilitate drug testing or retesting for identification, purity and cutting agents
- Investigate potential contamination issues
- Cannabis cultivation - potential yield calculations, values and assessment of scene records
- Other cannabinoid issues with CBD and low-THC products
- Synthetic drug production – routes of manufacture, required materials and yield calculations
- Provide drug valuations for trial, sentencing or calculating benefit figure for Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) applications
- Compare drugs and their packaging materials
- Review drug trace evidence such as drugs on banknotes, mobile phones or clothing.
- Interpretation of text messages for drug-related content and scale of trading
- Assess drug usage patterns
- Advise on various drug-related legislation
Our experts are experienced forensic scientists who can discuss the findings in the context of intelligence data and published literature, identify drug samples by microscopic examination or chemical analysis as appropriate and advise on unusual or bespoke drug-related matters.
We also have extensive experience in the wider aspects of cannabis cultivation cases where we can assess the viability and suitability of the set-up, abstraction of electricity, the level of sophistication and equipment valuation.
If you are a CrimeLine subscriber, why not watch our Cannabis Cultivation Podcast and CBD Oil and Products Podcast?